Instant To Instagram: Chinese Steamed Fish
When it comes to steaming fish, have you ever thought to yourself, "Forget it! So ma fan!"
Well, fret not. Instagram star (@lennardy) and MasterChef Asia finalist Lennard Yeong has a recipe that will banish any myth about Chinese steamed fish being a difficult dish to make.
1 whole barramundi
1 inch piece of ginger
3 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp shaoxing wine
1 tbsp water
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp sugar
3 tbsp canola oil
1. Slice ginger
2. Slice chilli
3. Score barramundi
4. Stuff ginger into slits
5. Stuff ginger and spring onions into stomach cavity
6. Season with salt on both sides
7. Add shao xing wine
8. Boil water
9. Steam fish for 8-10mins
10. Remove stuffing
12. Heat canola oil in a pot until it just starts to smoke, immediately pour over the fish to scald it
13. Add the rest of the seasonings to a small pot and bring to a boil.
14. Immediately pour over fish.