Instant To Instagram: Soufflé Omelette
Need a delicious snack that's easy to whip up and uses only three ingredients? This recipe by Instagram star (@lennardy) and MasterChef Asia finalist Lennard Yeong ticks those boxes!
Parmesan cheese(as needed)
1cm cube of butter
1. Grate enough Parmesan cheese to cover base of wok.
2. Separate egg yolks from whites. Beat egg whites until stiff. Season egg yolks with 2 pinches of salt and whisk.
3. Gently mix yolks into the whipped egg whites, avoid over mixing as this will knock the air out.
4. Heat wok on medium-low heat, sprinkle Parmesan cheese.
5. Once cheese starts to melt, add egg foam to the wok, cover with lid.
6. Cook for 6-8 minutes. Lid can be opened to check doneness of the egg.
7. Fold egg in half and transfer onto a plate.
8. Rub butter onto surface of the omelette and season with salt.