4 Easy-To-Make And Sedap Vegetarian Recipes During CB
So how’s everybody doing during the extended circuit breaker? Not sian, hopefully. On the bright side, staying home is really for our own protection and for the safety of everyone we love, too. While staying home, we might want to try consuming less meat, so we can help with Mother Nature’s healing process as well as cut down on the toxic fumes produced by factories that process meat. More importantly, let’s really just give animals a break, shall we?
If you’re getting sick of the same home-cooked food recipes, here are some suggestions for vegetarian meals you can cook very simply and easily that even a non-cook, like myself, can prepare.
Traditionally eaten during breakfast, but can be eaten at any meal because oats are extremely filling and they do not require a lot of time to make.
1. Mix a non-dairy milk with your rolled oats into a container
2. Add in some chia seeds and mix
Yes, it’s as easy as that! Take it out the next day and add in some cranberries, raisins, apricots, fresh berries, bananas, kiwis and some granola. Done! Flavourful and healthy.
Roasted Cauliflower Pasta
This recipe so simple.
1. Roast cauliflower
2. Cook the spaghetti
3. Add salt, pepper and garlic to your heart’s content
4. Top off with some parsley, crushed almonds and walnuts
5. Squeeze some lemon for zestiness (optional)
6. Add roasted cauliflower
Voila! You are done.
Extra Vegetable Fried Rice
If you hate vegetables, you might just change your mind with this recipe because it is bursting with flavours from all the different vegetables. This takes about 35 minutes to make.
Follow steps below:
1. Cook the eggs, assorted vegetables and rice separately
2. Put altogether at the end
What I normally use are long beans, carrots, purple cabbage, snow peas, asparagus and spinach.
Overnight Chocolate Chia Pudding
You only need 6 ingredients for this, and here are the steps as well:
1. Add cocoa powder, maple syrup, vanilla and salt together and whisk
2. Add a dairy-free milk of your choice (Hazelnut milk/almond milk/soy milk) into your mix and whisk
3. Add in chia seeds and whisk again
4. Leave to chill overnight
When it is cold and ready to be consumed, add coconut whip if you’d like and some berries as toppers. There you have it, a yummy and simple (and very Instagrammable) dessert made right at home during CB.
Enjoy and stay positive!